Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Saw Two Shooting Stars Tonight

Tonight is a bit of a slog, I'm working a double tonight so my co-worker can attend a fundraiser for the children's hospital in which his son waged, and lost, his fight to cancer. How could I refuse such a request? To be honest, our shift swap will give me my first Saturday off in a l-o-n-g time. I'll be heading straight to my volunteer gig when I leave here at 8AM, and will try to catch a nap on the tatamis in the dojo in the periods in which we don't have a class.

It's not a bad night to be working an all-nighter, because the Leonids meteor shower will be in full swing around 3AM. It's a chilly night, but I will be able to bundle up and sit outside so I can watch the show. If it gets too cold, I can always stuff Ginger down my sweatshirt.

Of course, the post title is cribbed from Billy Bragg's A New England, which was my introduction to Mr. Bragg's wonderful body of work:


5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Fuzzy!
~

mikey said...

Johnny's life passed him by like a warm summer day
But if you listen to the wind you can still hear him play
Now don't you know...

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Fuzzy!

Cat hair is a constant at work.

Johnny's life passed him by like a warm summer day
But if you listen to the wind you can still hear him play
Now don't you know...


Haven't heard that in a while!

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

It's wrong to wish on space hardware, isn't it?

Too Much Joy also does a fine, relatively straight cover of this.

Vonnie said...

Big Bragg fan. Very nice guy in person too. I could use a few good shooting stars.