Monday, November 29, 2010

National "Have Lunch With an Engineer" Week

My sister, her husband, and my two awesome nephews took a road-trip to Boston last week, so I met them for lunch as they stopped in New York state on the drive home. I met them in Tarrytown, NY, in the shadow of the Tappan Zee Bridge. My sister and her husband are bona fide rocket scientists... aero/astro engineers, to be precise.

Today, I met up with N__B for lunch and a beer in The Bronx. Of course, he had a lot of pictures of "Baby Bear", who is a fine looking baby. POST MOAR PITCHERS, NED!!!

All told, "Have Lunch With an Engineer" week has been a rousing success. Hopefully, "Have Drinks With an Architect" week will arrive sometime in the near future... I seem to recall having a rum collins waiting for me somewhere.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I've been over the Tappan Zee.

It was interesting reading about the Tappan Zee II alternatives in your link.

In my humble opinion, these types of projects are exactly what we should be doing to cure our near 10% unemployment problem (and NOT freezing the pay of government workers, damnitall!!!!).
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

It was interesting reading about the Tappan Zee II alternatives in your link.

Tappan Zee II: Commuter Boogaloo.

If the project doesn't include a light rail line along the "287" corridor, connecting the western bank of the Hudson with the Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven train lines, it ain't worth shit.

WV-subdu... almost a real word.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

The biggest problem with the TZ2 is the lack of zombie involvement.

I await the phone call from the proper authorities.