Friday, September 24, 2010

Hitting the Pavement

Last night, I decided to put my nose to the grindstone, and volunteered to work a phone bank for the re-election campaign of New York's 19th Congressional District Representative, John Hall. Yeah, getting pissed and venting isn't enough... it was time to do something. I traveled to the northern part of Westchester County, and put in two and a half hours calling voters in the 19th District. I'll probably put in a couple of days a week, and am looking forward to some real "shoe-leather" canvassing work. This election is going to be a squeaker, and the results will be a referendum on the so-called "liberal agenda", so I'm willing to bust my hump in an effort to prevent Hayworth from winning.

Still the rep, if I have my say,
Still the rep, I'll work night and day,
And upstate I'll schlep,
So he's still the rep.


I'm just going to relate one phone call which made me crack up. I called a gentleman who told me that he'd be voting for Hall, and asked him if he "Leaned Hall" or was a strong supporter. He told me that he "Leaned Hall", but that Hall was too centrist.

WOLVERINES!!!! BONOBOS!!!!

UPDATE: It seems that 18th District GOP candidate Jim Russell has a history of writing anti-semitic and racially charged screeds. He's challenging long-time rep and all-around wonderful human being Nita Lowey. This provides me further impetus to bust my hump for John Hall (Rep. Lowey's seat is secure- she truly is beloved by her constituents).

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Here's the record.

John Hall is one of the people I donated to through Act Blue back in 2006.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Thunder, he's done really amazing work for his district- bringing funding for much needed infrastructure. I'll be wearing out the shoe-leather for the guy in the coming weeks, fer sher.