Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Damnit, Dorsey Did It!

He finally forced my hand because using the site became impossible... yeah, I signed up for Twitter.

I held out for as long as I could, but it became impossible to even scroll down a thread without a 'sign in or sign up' prompt. I like to follow a bunch of researchers and a bunch of journalists, and the site lost all functionality for non-members. I was a bit chafed when I signed up, because I was forced to follow an account from a short list of mainly celebrities, so I chose a NYC tourism related site. My first follow of choice is Tengrain, who has always been supportive of me and my endeavors.

If you have a Twitter account and wish me to follow, drop me a line in the comments.  I imagine the first week or so on this site will be mainly involved with accruing a followers/followed list... then the snarking can begin.

Postscript: I know Jack Dorsey stepped down as CEO of Twitter, but I am exercising poetic license in order to achieve alliteration.

6 comments:

StringOnAStick said...

I apparently have a Twitter account on my phone so I can read threads there, but no where else and I have no idea what the username or password are. The account on my PC was apparently hacked and spammed so they closed it and told me my email address was permanently banned with no recourse. Oh well! I can add follows on my phone so I will look for you and tengrain. I'm not getting a new email address just to make Twitter happy.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Great. so that's what I've gotten myself into!

Richard said...

Be careful. I have a Twitter account also. I don't use it. I went there because that one time when things were really bad, i went there to watch Sarah Cooper spoofs. That was good.

Anonymous said...

Achieving alliteration alleviates an achilles arch.

Ali Redford said...

I've been thinking of going back, too. I noticed we can't scroll threads anymore, and Twitter so badly wants to me sign up through Google because it'd be easily done, almost done for me, even. 😉 But, some days I struggle getting to the blogs I regularly read; adding Twitter-?😀 Tengrain, Sarah Cooper, and now you are making the re-plunge very tempting, though, and I've got a snow day off today, so ya never know...

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

See ya there!