Friday, February 25, 2022

The Pleasures of Northeastern Winter

The cliche about the Northeastern United States is that, if one doesn't like the weather, one simply has to wait ten minutes.  Well, it's not quite like that, except under certain conditions, but the exaggeration isn't too off-the-mark.

Case in point, last Wednesday, the afternoon temperature hit 64F (17.8C), and I was gallivanting around in shorts.  In the wee hours of this morning, the mercury was down to 28F (-2.2222...C) , and a mix of freezing rain, sleet, and snow rendered my workplace into a semblance of a skating rink.  These frigid conditions are supposed to last for most of next week.

I try not to complain about the weather, especially now, when things much worse than sleet are falling on people over parts of the globe.  I'm not going to lie, though, I really am looking forward to the arrival of Spring.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Gallivant when you can 🐓🦆🤝🥁 Chickens emojis. At least here we don't have putin army bombing our city. Instead we have people telling us that this is normal and fine, we should get used to it. I don't know about you all, but when i see an empire destroying the people, it is time to leave. If you can't leave, keep your head down. Chances are you will survive I am so disappointed with your relatives.