Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I've Been to Weird Places on the Internet

This is a weird time of year... the end-of-summer doldrums have set in, bringing with them writer's block and low visitation/commentary. Combine that with a work schedule that has largely unmoored me from the typical temporal tides of the Eastern Time Zone, and you get a recipe for weirdness. Anyway, I've been to weird places on the internet lately.

Perhaps the greatest thing I found in my delvings was a picture of Captain Kirk and Mr Spock as six-legged centaurs. On first seeing the picture, I thought, "Hmmm... two centaur d00ds about to get it on", then I noticed they bore the faces of Kirk and Spock... whoa... then I saw that they had six legs. I think I love you, internet. The story illustrates a slashfic in which, you got it, Kirk and Spock get it on as six-legged "centauroids". I know I love you internet.

Further poking around the internet reveals that Star Trek Centaurs are, as the kids would say, a thing. In the interest of diversity, here's Kirk as a merman riding centaur Spock. Here's one of Mr Spock as a centaur sporting a "Slave Girl Leia" braid.

Gotta love the "fanfic" community, they're the ones smart enough to see the awesomeness of a pregnant Harry Potter or the erotic potential of a Kirk/Horta encounter. Why, I even found some crazy bastard who wrote Yukon Cornelius/Abominable Snowmonster slashfic.

Yeah, I'm not down on the fanfic or even the slashfic community. As centaur Dick Valentine would say, "Everybody's cool!"


8 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

then I saw that they had six legs.

One morning, when Kirk and Spock woke from troubled dreams, they found themselves transformed in their bed into some kind of insect.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

A Weird Place on the Internarfles notifies us that it is Jack Vance's birthday.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Equus meets The Metamorphosis.
~

mistah charley, ph.d. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mistah charley, ph.d. said...

You can find an extremely wide variety of stuff on tumblr - pretty, quaint, puerile, adolescent, confused, perverted, and vile - as Robert Louis Stevenson put it in a couplet titled "Happy Thought" in A Child's Garden of Verses

The world is so full of a number of things,
I'm sure we should all be as happy as kings.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

One morning, when Kirk and Spock woke from troubled dreams, they found themselves transformed in their bed into some kind of insect.

A Kafka/Gene Roddenberry collaboration would have been awesome.

A Weird Place on the Internarfles notifies us that it is Jack Vance's birthday.

Sigh... he will be missed!

Equus meets The Metamorphosis.

Origin of the centisteed?

You can find an extremely wide variety of stuff on tumblr - pretty, quaint, puerile, adolescent, confused, perverted, and vile - as Robert Louis Stevenson put it in a couplet titled "Happy Thought" in A Child's Garden of Verses

My beef with tumblr is the difficulty in commenting. I wanna give feedback, damnit!

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

My beef with tumblr is the difficulty in commenting. I wanna give feedback, damnit!

yeah, i noticed that too

Smut Clyde said...

BLCKDGRD has linked to you, BBBB. Expect the hits to spike.