Friday, May 27, 2016

Reunion Bound

There's a saying that friends help friends move, good friends help friends move bodies. In the case of my great and good friend, my old college roommate The Bronson from Wisconsin, well let's just say that I will be picking him up from LaGuardia Airport this morning and the two of us will brave I-95 on Memorial Day weekend to travel to the Prestigious Bastion of Prestige where we met.

The best thing about reunion is the fact that a single, silly line will reduce everybody to paroxysms of laughter because we share a common store of inside jokes, of shared experiences. For instance, I can greet my freshman roommate with the question "Hey, dude, what the fuck?" and he will be rolling on the floor- it was the common greeting of an ultra-rich foreign-born suitemate who attended a New England boarding school and was taught a very idiosyncratic version of the vernacular.

It's amazing how the years can just drop off, and everybody becomes a goofy teenager for a glorious weekend.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Have a great time, wave to the crowds *including 1981*.

I'm won't be making it, again.

:-P

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

The state of the community is strong, '81 included. Even the city looks beautiful, though we figured out that it was most dangerous when we were there-kid got killed on Hillhouse back then.

The city looks good, the gin was "artisinal "- no hangovers. Even my old boss in the anthro department is still kicking at 93 years of age. I even ran into mds of alicublog at random before hitting the museum.