Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

I just got off the phone with mom, having called her as I was doing the "locking up and checking out" tour at the beginning of my shift. Mom is doing well, as usual, and all four of my siblings called her over the course of the day. She also got a visit from a neighbor of hers who she has "adopted"- he lost his mom when he was twelve years old, and my mom has taken him under her wing. Hilariously, my adopted brother often involves mom in all sorts of escapades- "Ma, do you know how to operate a rollback? I have a piece of equipment that's stuck." Even in her mid-seventies, mom is tough and competent, the kind of person you'd trust to operate machinery after a quick tutorial. Yeah, she's always been a badass lady.

Here's wishing a happy Mothers' Day to all of the moms out there in the blogosphere. The world depends on you, moms, you're the best. To all of my readers who still have their moms around, here's some great advice from Johnny Cash:





You wouldn't want to upset either the Man in Black, or your mother.

3 comments:

Tengrain said...

Your mom sounds almost as cool as mine.

Rgds,

TG

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Right back at ya, old chum!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Happy Mom's Day, B^4's Mom!
~