Monday, May 2, 2022

Snarky Biden Is Best Biden

I've commented on how I admire compassionate Joe Biden, the man who (despite a reputation for gaffes) never falters when called upon to act as consoler-in-chief.  I've also written about how I was pleasantly surprised by Biden-as-boss, the hirer-in-chief who has made historical appointments to important positions in the government.  I have to admit, though, that my favorite Biden is snarky Biden, the Biden who, while leaving a press gaggle, responds to a BBC reporter, "I'm Irish."  That's the best Biden, the one whose wit undercuts right-wing accusations of senility.

Snarky Biden was on hand at this week's White House Correspondents' Dinner, when the man showcased his ability to cut a mofo to pieces with a smile: 

 

The best thing about it is that he didn't even mention The Former Guy by name, so any criticism of his joke is also an accusation of TFG.  Once again, it's clear that one has to be on the alert in order to get one over on Sleepy Joe.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Yes i like snarky Biden too. He might be an old man, he might be a little out of touch with some realities in the Intermountain West, but at least he doesn't try to divide us into generations X Y and Z for marketing purposes.