Monday, April 13, 2020

Total Control?

Life is getting like a Twilight Zone episode these days... I will work a graveyard shift, then go home to sleep for a while and wake up to a completely different world than the one I inhabited when I left for work the previous night. So it was today, when I woke up to discover that Trump believes that his authority is total:




I doubt that any conservatives, usually champions of 'states' rights', will complain about this... it's like they don't have any principles at all!



This press conference was a farrago of lies, accusations, and blame shifting. and has widely been described as a 'meltdown'. He's claiming he has total control, but he can't even control himself. Happily, CNN didn't play along with him, and savaged him in the chyrons they appended to their coverage. He's really going to lose control over that! The idea that his serial failures should result in him having absolute authority is as grotesque as it is ludicrous. Things made so much more sense back at 4AM, when I watched the rain pouring down through the glass doors in front of my workplace.

Not for the first time this week, I've remarked on the fact that we lost Joe Strummer way too young... he would have helped us get through this mess:





At least we still have Mick Jones to help us get through these trying times... we don't have to hold the wolves at bay alone.

No comments: