Saturday, April 25, 2020

Schrödinger's Hashtag, Schrödinger's Dictator

Towards the tail end of the graveyard shift this morning, I happened to see a trending hashtag on Twitter: #kimjongundead. I was immediately struck by the ambiguity of the hashtag- did it signify 'Kim Jong Un Dead' or 'Kim Jong Undead'? At the time I am writing this, Kim Jong Un, like Schrödinger's cat, is simultaneously dead and not-dead, existing in an undead quantum state.

The image of an undead Kim Jong Un, in my smartass mind, conjures up a paranormal romance between Trump and a vampire Kim, a sort of Twilight featuring two dumpy male leads. I really wish my photomanipulation skills were up to par... I really need to download GIMP again, with this quarantine on, I have time to practice using it.

It's still a little premature to write the lyrics to 'Rocketman Kim Jong's Dead':





Though when he croaks, it's a certainty that the North Korean regime will have virginal brides file past his tomb.

No comments: