Monday, March 30, 2020

Brother Gomez' Quarantine Birthday

Today is baby brother's birthday, so I texted Gomez (a nickname bestowed on him by my super snarky sister decades ago) to wish him a happy natal celebration. Like most of us, he has working from home for the past two weeks, and the kids are doing the remote-learning thing. Predictably, the kids' hockey season has been cancelled, and his second job, refereeing local hockey games, is on hold. He's spending his newfound free time gardening, which is something that a lot of people have been taking up in these trying times of social isolation.

Like everyone, he's hoping that things will return to normal by the end of April. This is where I have to note that, for me, life is pretty much 60% normal- work is going on as usual, though my social life has taken a major hit. One thing I have to note is that I am getting about double the amount of text messages that I'd typically get, people are communicating more, just to say that they are okay. Fortunately, everybody is doing well, even their pets are ecstatic to have them home all day. By the end of this quarantine, hopefully we'll all have kickass gardens and card files full of all of the recipes we've finally had time to try out.

Wow, an optimistic post... it's been a while!

No comments: