Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Brooklyn Bound, with a Couple of Billion of My Closest Friends

Tonight, I'll be heading down to Brooklyn for this month's Secret Science Club lecture. Tonight's lecture, by Dr Christopher Mason, will concern a topic that I wrote a blog post on last month. I'll be riding on the 4 Train and the R Train with billions of little buddies.

I promise that I'll tell the truth if I get more squicked out about holding onto the pole in the subway car on the ride home than I was on the ride down. I've written numerous times about how I'm not a bacteriaphobe. Let's see if tomorrow night's lecture does anything to change my view on "germs".

7 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Billions? Try TRILLIONS.

Related: http://www.cracked.com/article_22180_5-insane-things-we-recently-discovered-in-human-body.html

Although #2 relates to you r post, please see item number one in the vein of HELPING JENNIFER AAAHAHHHAHAAHAHHHHHHHHHHH I'LL NEVER STOP SCREAMING!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Actual people squick me out more than our fellow-traveling microbes.

How Wall Street Used Swaps to Get Rich at the Expense of Cities

Posted on March 25, 2015 by Ed Walker

But what is even more troubling than the fact set here is the failure of the overwhelming majority of abused borrowers to seek to recover their losses. Walker describes that multiple legal approaches lead you to the same general conclusion: the swaps provider, as opposed to the hapless city, should bear the brunt of the losses.

So why haven’t cities like Chicago, that have been hit hard by swaps losses, fought back? Walker does not speculate, but in the case of Rahm Emanuel, it’s not hard to imagine that his deep ties to Big Finance are the reason.
-----
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Billions? Try TRILLIONS.

Probably, the train wasn't pressure washed before I got on it.

Actual people squick me out more than our fellow-traveling microbes.

More dangerous, too!

Smut Clyde said...

please see item number one in the vein of HELPING JENNIFER

Is Jennifer helped by ticks & mites as well as by spiders?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Is Jennifer helped by ticks & mites as well as by spiders?

I think experimentation is warranted...

Smut Clyde said...

There is a whole spectrum of arachnophobic helpfulness to explore, from spiders themselves, out through scorpions and whip-scorpions and ticks and solifuges. FOR SCIENCE.

Smut Clyde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.