Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Secret Science North: The Trek's Not That Far

Tonight I'll be heading down to Manhattan for the inaugural Secret Science Club North event at Symphony Space on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. For once, I won't be the guy trekking on the train for an hour- I will be able to take my beloved 1 Train from 238th St in the Bronx to 96th St. Me being me, I look at this subway route as leading from one El Malecón location to another. The trip will probably take no longer than a half-hour. I'll miss the wonderful staff of the beautiful Bell House, but there's an upcoming SSC event there in October.

The last event I attended at Symphony Space was a performance of Carmina Burana by the Young New Yorkers' Chorus, a group to which a friend and former co-worker belongs. Tonight, though, the Symphony Space is going to be transformed into Science Space.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I love these huge menus.

Even if there's just a couple things you like the most and usually order, it's nice to see that they're ready, willing, and able to cook just about anything anyone wants.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

It is a great menu I'm partial to the mashed plantain dishes.

mikey said...

I have a hard and fast rule. First time, I ALWAYS get the Cubano. My goal is to try everybody's Cubano. Mine's pretty good - can't get the right bread on the west coast, but the rest isn't hard. But just when you think you've had the best Cubano ever, you have one that's richer and tangier and more succulent, and that's when you know the quest has not end, and the search IS the destination...

Smut Clyde said...

The last event I attended at Symphony Space was a performance of Carmina Burana

PER-I-PA-TUS...