Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chills in a City of Heat

Today is supposed to be a scorcher, even at four-thirty in the morning, it is warm and muggy out. You know it's horrible outside when I have a bad hair day. I'll be able to sleep for a while during the day's heat, but I'll be heading into the NYC hothouse to attend the latest Secret Science Club lecture. What better way to spend a scorching evening than sitting in the cool precincts of a hot club drinking a frosty beer? Throw in a bonus lecture, and you have a recipe for a good night.

Anyway, here's something cool for a hot, hot day- New Zealand's Chills (anything you ever wanted to know about the band is in this linked documentary, which was brought to my attention by gentleman and scholar Another Kiwi) have released their first single since the 90's, and it's wonderful:





Molten Gold continues the Chills' tradition of tip-top jangle pop. It's awfully cool to have them return to recording.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I hear it's cold in upside-downland.
~

Dream said...

Wow is nice that you always get to attend lectures. Is that part of your job too?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I hear it's cold in upside-downland.

In upside-downland, no one can hear you scream.

Wow is nice that you always get to attend lectures. Is that part of your job too?

No, but back in 2006, some brilliant friends of mine started a lecture series in a bar. Every month, I go to Brooklyn and drink a lot of beer while a scientist talks about some subject. I decided to write about the lectures when I first started blogging, so it's become a bit like a job, but it's a job I can drink a lot of beer on!

Dream said...

Ooo~ Did some search on the Cool place. Lecture in a bar great concept.