Monday, August 14, 2017

Beauty and the Beast

I figured today would be a good day to decompress, to step away from political topics for a while. I will be heading down to Brooklyn to drink some beer and attend this month's Secret Science Club lecture. As a break from the seemingly continuous horror-show, I figured I'd post a picture of my beloved Ginger, who I haven't blogged about since the death of her brother Fred, who I still miss terribly. Last night, Ginger was in an especially affectionate mood, and I got a picture of the two of us playing around:




I'll leave it to my readers to determine which one of us is the beauty and which is the beast.

4 comments:

John Going Gently said...

Its been too long

Anonymous said...

Both beautiful! I'd been wondering about Ginger.

mikey said...

I here you. The endless outrage and fury is exhausting, and these events are so far outside our own control that sometimes you just want to sit back and let them happen without exposing your heart and soul to the damage they can produce.

I think part of the "attraction" - for lack of a better word - of group or partisan violence is that finally, at long last, a person can actually take action instead of just shouting and crying.

But for now, yeah. The madness isn't going to stop, but there's still time to step back and breath...

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...


Its been too long

Thanks for stopping by, John. It's nice to know that there are good, compassionate people around because the crazy bad people are getting the press.

Both beautiful! I'd been wondering about Ginger.

Thanks! Ginger is coping... she's still the diva she's always been, but I am sure she still misses her brother.

I think part of the "attraction" - for lack of a better word - of group or partisan violence is that finally, at long last, a person can actually take action instead of just shouting and crying.

Yeah, but I sure hope that the 'anime Nazi' guys reconsider their racial animus. Already, one guy was filmed saying he only joined up 'for the laughs' when he faced the real possibility of a beatdown.