Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Haiku Gambit

I am quite busy.
Pressed for time? Post a haiku.
The long post can wait.

I went through a short phase during which I compulsively wrote haikus. I would be in the middle of a conversation, and I would start counting syllables. One of my personal favorites was:

General Tso was
Too busy cooking chicken
To win any wars.

Update: Of course, the post title could be the first line of a haiku:

The haiku gambit-
A poet's trick for when there's
No time for sonnets.

11 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Seems to be a lot of this going around.

I was all post at least every two days! this summer.

But October is kicking my butt, in ways that Von and Aunt Snow seem to be sharing.

If it was fun, they wouldn't call it work...
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

To compound matters, I am at a site I only work at on occasion, and there's no wifi... I usually cut-and-paste sections of my posts, but can't really do this with a work computer.

Anonymous said...

Is the state dessert
Served up in Tuscaloosa
Pie Alabama?

Smut Clyde said...

Jetpacks meet choppers.
Personal helicopters
are what we all need.

Vonnie said...

Stopped by to see what
B4 wanted to say now
Delighted I am

Vonnie said...

Thunda is correct
Too busy to post now too
Still loves you all though

Dragon-King Wangchuck said...

I miss the old days
When Haiku needed Kigo
But Kigo's a stuffed up bitch who has pretentions, yo.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Do I need to post Zombie Haiku again?

I didn't THINK so.

Substance McGravitas said...

This was a great thread.
I miss Haiku of Town Hall
Still, there's always beer.

Smut Clyde said...

Righteous Bubba was
funny, and used a kigo.
So did a Doktor

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I love all you folks
You make me laugh my ass off
In this tough season.

Felt compelled to include a kigo.