Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tax Day

I always find myself bemused by people who begrudge paying their taxes... I have always considered taxes to be the dues paid by people who wish to belong in a healthy, civil society. I usually end up having to pay Federal, NY State, and City of Yonkers taxes, and I make small voluntary contributions to several of the N.Y. State funds (two cancer research funds, the missing and exploited children fund, and the wildlife conservation fund). Yeah, making a couple of sizable payments is not exactly fun, but that's part of being a mature adult, and a responsible citizen- it's holding up my end of a rather good bargain.

My advice to the Tax Day Teabaggers, grow up and pay up.

I'd say nut up or shut up, but that would be an infringement on their First Amendment rights.

9 comments:

Vonnie said...

Bravo.
And "nut up or shut up", I'm borrowing this.
Forever.

Hamish Mack said...

dues paid by people who wish to belong in a healthy, civil society
Why duz BBBB h8 'Merica so?

Substance McGravitas said...

Nah, you can tell 'em to shut up, you just can't enforce it by beating them senseless.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

The silliest thing about these teabaggers?

Income taxes are at multi-generational lows, thanks to the Reagan and Shrub tax cuts for rich people.

And these tax cuts are the number one reason we have a 12 trillion dollar national debt.

So they whine about the debt, and shriek for more tax cuts for the wealthy.

Fvcking Morans.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

yeah, for paying so much lip service to 'personal responsibility' and such as, they sure are a whiny bunch, aren't they?

Heh. Teabaggers/ lip service.

Vonnie said...

hahahza teabaggers/lip service
I was totally going to go there, but you went there first....so I didn't have to....

Vonnie said...

word verf?
NICEST

Yep, that's about right.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Heh. Teabaggers/ lip service.

They're sick of taking it on the chin.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

next thing you know, they'll be shooting their money in protest.

Yes, Money shots.