Sunday, April 18, 2010

Shout Out to an Old Friend

Last week, I spoke to an old friend, and mentioned that I'd been blogging. I wanted to make sure I'd been writing consistently before telling people... it would be embarassing to blab, and then have the whole thing fizzle out.

Well, I typically use nicknames or descriptors when discussing people I know on this blog, and would have referred to my friend as "Two Meter Peter" due to his height (he would constantly get asked "OMG, how TALL ARE YOU?" and he'd answer, "Five feet, eighteen inches", a joke I appropriated shamelessly to describe Brooklyn's own N__B. Peter told me that I should use his real name, so it'll come up if he googles himself.

So, here's a shout out to Mr Peter Stoffel. I've known Pete for the majority of my life, and he has always been unfailingly excellent. To give an indication of how awesome he is, after his marriage to his lovely and brilliant wife, the two of them went cruising around the Caribbean in a refurbished sailboat. Gentleman, scholar, sportsman (he has terrorized many a volleyball court), adventurer, family man, and friend- he's all that, and a Costco-sized bag of chips, and by that I mean a bag of chips as big as a Costco, not a bag of chips as big as an industrial-sized bag of chips on sale at Costco. If you need any more evidence to tell you that he's great, he may be the only old school friend of mine who wasn't characterized as a "mutant" by my supersarcastic sister.

3 comments:

M. Bouffant said...

Ah, give sis a break. As long as she didn't term them hideous mutants, it's OK.

The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Ah, give sis a break.

Hey, I'm not knocking her for being supersarcastic.

Vonnie said...

Huzzah to Mr. Peter Stoffel!!