Monday, November 21, 2016

Brooklyn Bound, for Birdies

Tonight, I'm heading down to the beautiful Bell House in the Gowanus section of Brooklyn for this month's Secret Science Club lecture to hear Dr Rafael Maia of Columbia University speak about birds. Speaking of birds, Thunder has a nice post with pictures of a leucistic sparrow at his blog.

Longtime readers will know that I am partial to birds myself. I am also partial to Pere Ubu and the amazing concert film Urgh! A Music War. Put Urgh, Pere Ubu, and birdies together and you get this:





Pere Ubu's music ranged from the minatory to the Dada-esque, with this song being firmly in the latter camp. Me, with a crocodilians post and a birdies post back-to-back, I'm firmly in the Archosaur camp.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been listening to their "New Picnic Time" album today. I think it's my favorite that I've heard by them.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

My fave is 'The Modern Dance', which is probably their most accessible album. 'Dub Housing' is a bit outré for purely pleasurable listening- it's almost like I have to work at it a bit to enjoy it, but it's worthwhile nonetheless.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

thanks for the link, B^4.

I have another post with a couple more pics of that sparrow, but I've been too busy to finish it. (I have to drive to W.V. today, too.)

P.S. The sparrow was in the backyard a minute ago.
~