Tuesday, November 1, 2016

The Ordeal is Over, Let the Ordeal Begin

October is over, the major fundraising season at work is done, and things will get pretty quiet for the next six months. That being said, the last week of a gross, exhausting presidential election is upon us. My personal slog is done, but the existential slog for the soul of the Republic is in its home stretch.

The one benefit of having a hectic month at work is that it's hard to get bogged down in politics. Most weekends, I'd frantically try to catch up on the news in an odd quiet hour. I have some reading to do, and the quiet hours in which to do it... I don't know if I'm all that enthusiastic about that.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

November is here, die all remaining gnats and mosquitoes!
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

It was 70 out this afternoon... I think the biteys will be with us for a while.