Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Media Shows Again and Again how Rachel Points out the Folly of Men

Over the course of my five years and eight months of blogging, I have only written about Donald Trump a handful of times. I've avoided writing about him in this campaign season because I think he'll get bored with campaigning and drop out of the race in a few months. I figured I'd mention The Donald in light of Rachel Maddow's comparison of his feud with Fox News as a Godzilla vs Mothra style battle. Yeah, Trump is kinda like Godzilla, stomping the GOP that awakened him from his slumber in abyssal slime, and Trumpzilla has become a meme, with this image being a particular favorite of mine. I don't see myself giving much coverage to The Donald, but snark is paramount to me, so without further ado, here's my concise take on Trump's campaign:


With a purposeful grimace and a terrible rug,
He stinks up the TV with his godawful mug.

Helpless people on the campaign trail.
Scream bug-eyed as he rants and he rails.

He picks up a mic and he talks with a frown
As he blames all the problems on the people who are brown

Oh no, they say he's got to go go go Trumpzilla
Oh no, there goes Rubio go go Trumpzilla

Media shows again and again
How Rachel points up the folly of men



This doggerel, based on a comment of mine on the linked story, is a parody of a classic Blue Öyster Cult song:





I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I cribbed the BÖC-lyric-as-post-title schtick from these fine folks- if you're going to steal, steal from the best.

7 comments:

mikey said...

I like Rachel Maddow, but I've just completely lost the ability to listen to people relentlessly tell me what I already believe. It's not interesting - it's actually quite annoying. It's like the old dood who tells you the same three stories every time you see him...

Smut Clyde said...

Awe, that is what I am in.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Love the Cult. Can't help but note Rachel is part of the problem, though.

DONALD! DONALD! DONALD!

Does anyone get to hear about the guy who can actually make a difference, though?
~

mikey said...

Umm, yeah. Everyone DOES. He's not exactly a secret. Problem is, he's got 30% of 55% of the electorate wrapped up. Not enough to win the nomination, and certainly not enough to win the General...

mikey

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

This picture (from the inimitable and indefatigable driftglass) is also an excellent version:

http://driftglass.blogspot.com/2015/08/trump-is-tea-party.html

Smut Clyde said...

I have the picture for you:
http://www.tofugu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/0ab01ddb_smush_bigmanjapan-banner.jpg

yanmaneee said...

curry 4 shoes
balenciaga triple s
jordans
christian louboutin outlet
converse outlet
nmd
nike air max 270
vapormax
kobe shoes
louboutin outlet