Saturday, November 22, 2014

Would You Mind Moving? You're Sitting on My Coat

Sweatshirt, if you want to get technical. Looks like my co-worker Fred has gotten v-e-r-y comfortable:




Hey, it's time to actually do some work, I'm going to need that sweatshirt... looks like it's time for wakey wakey! Sheesh, who knew a cat's head could be so heavy?




I can't seem to move my hand!




Once I get my hand free, I think I'll just get the staff windbreaker out of the office.

Title yoinked from a line from my favorite film noir.




It's a little throwaway line after the villain has just finished the second of his masterful monologuing scenes... a funny little juxtaposition between the rhetorical flights of an erudite supervillain, and the utter banality of day-to-day annoyances. "Hey, I just delivered a learned yet sinister soliloquy, now move your ass!"

Now I'm going to have to watch the whole movie again... I hope this doesn't wake the cat up.

5 comments:

mikey said...

Like in "Drugstore Cowboy" when Alex has this huge superstition about NEVER putting your hat on the bed, then the girl puts the hat on the bed and he gets shot, and he's bleeding out and the cops come in and they say "Ales, who did this?" and all he can gasp out with his dying breath is "The Hat...The Hat..." and the cops put out an APB on a killer known on the streets as "The Hat"....

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

"Ales, who did this?" and all he can gasp out with his dying breath is "The Hat...The Hat..." and the cops put out an APB on a killer known on the streets as "The Hat"....

Sounds like a typical procedural move.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Fred loves B^4.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Fred loves B^4.

It's a mutual admiration society. He is a great cat, as is his sis.

Jim H. said...

Dude's just keeping it warm for you!