Saturday, November 1, 2014

All Saints' Day Damned

It's been a l-o-n-g time since I've posted a video by the Damned. Being a child of the radio rather than the T.V., I never knew that there was a video for the song Grimly Fiendish, from the 1985 Phantasmagoria album. The song's strange, bouncy vibe is served well by an "Addams Family"esque video (better yet, it's like "Grimly meets Gorey):





The Damned's later sound is a far cry from the gloriously raw punk of their early releases:





I missed a bit about a tempest-in-a-teapot regarding members of the Damned turning on the Christmas lights of the city of Cambridge. It makes perfect sense to me, though, as Captain Sensible sang one of my favorite Christmas songs.

5 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Long time since I've listened to early Damned. Now I remember!
~

Smut Clyde said...

How I spent Dia del los Muertos:
http://craftbeercapital.com/news/item/451-dia-del-los-muertos-2014

Jules said...

The first song is the first song I think of when I think of The Damned.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

P.S. Love the drake!
~

Chickpea said...

Sigh......memories of being caught in a mosh pit of overweight middle aged Damned fans at a gig a couple of years ago. Barely escaped with my life