Friday, April 16, 2010

Short Ruminations

So, I am running some errands on the Yonkers/Bronx border, and I see a girl get out of a car, two-toned hair in great, braided hoops, zebra-striped sunglasses... yep, a doppelgäga. Way to go, girl, emulate an invidual who disparages the homeland you both share. No, I didn't take a picture- I wouldn't want to crack that facade of "BFD" imperturbability that characterizes people from the NY Metro Area.

Here's a shout-out to my brother Sweetums and his lovely wife, for making me an uncle yet again. He's posted comments here, and I have a couple of cousins who have done some lurking- my fambly is awesome!

Got a night off, so I'll be off the the Poor Mouth (shout out to Flann O'Brien fan Smut Clyde) to see Mary Courtney performing ballads- I'll make a request for The Irish Volunteer, and dedicate it to Virginia governor / Confederate apologist douchebag Robert F. McDonnell.

2 comments:

Vonnie said...

Sounds like a good time.
I'm off like a prom dress later for some awesomely bad karaoke.
Pretty sure I will not be singing any ballads.
Hooray for your night off!!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Pardon moi, but I heard rum was being served here?
~