Saturday, April 2, 2022

Marsupial Nopes Out

 At midnight shift change, my coworker and I broke up a fight.  Sadly, I was a bit too slow on the draw to capture the squabble as it was occurring, but here's the denoument:

At first we thought that the 'squabble' might have been a matter of l'amour, but we changed our assessment when the two possums parted ways in a hurry.  I managed to get some footage of the smaller of the two beasts, which was, nevertheless, a chunk:

This video is pure comedy gold, with the possum getting within a meter of my feet before realizing that it should be scared of the two big bipeds.  On my part, I really wanted to be friends.

5 comments:

Richard said...

Nice! I am very curious about those creatures. We don't have opossums here.

M. Bouffant said...

First time I saw a live possum it was crossing a four-lane but quiet street in front of a liquor store; I said to myself that is the mangiest poor dog I've ever seen, but once I got a better look at its muzzle I recognized what it was.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Nice! I am very curious about those creatures. We don't have opossums here.

I could probably ship you some.

First time I saw a live possum it was crossing a four-lane but quiet street in front of a liquor store; I said to myself that is the mangiest poor dog I've ever seen, but once I got a better look at its muzzle I recognized what it was

I'm surprised you didn't think it was the biggest rat you'd ever seen.

Richard said...

Please don't. It would end poorly. I saw one in a cage when i was a kid. I wanted to take it home.

M. Bouffant said...

I know a rat when I see one.