Sunday, November 28, 2021

Second Leg of the Return Trip

Today, my plan is to leave Mom's house in northern Virginia and drive straight to work the midnight shift in New York's lower Hudson Valley.  Before hitting the road, I am planning on meeting Boy B, my eldest nephew, son of my sister, for lunch.  He's currently in the Space Force (no joke) and traveled from Cape Canaveral to Washington DC to spend the holiday with his girlfriend.  I'm looking forward to meeting her, she was brave enough to participate in a Thanksgiving Zoom with various aunts, uncles, and cousins, and seems like a sweet young lady.  She's currently in grad school for political science, so she's a bright gal, too.

Timing the departure is the difficult part, because traffic will probably be heavy.  The fact that I am hoping to reach my destination at an odd hour should work in my favor.  I won't be in any hurry for lunch to end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I for one am anxiously awaiting your return to City of Y_____ and your insightful musings on recent events and items of interest. In particular: any comment on The Former Guy being awarded an honorary black belt in Taekwondo?

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Ugh, what an embarrassment. Anyone can buy a black belt, that doesn't mean he can justify that or defend it if challenged. It's like him accepting a purple heart... who does that?