Sunday, February 7, 2021

A Day for Athleticism

 This evening, feats of athleticism will be on display as strength and endurance are put to the test... yeah, I'm going to have to shovel snow again.  The snow began falling shortly after I returned home from working the graveyard shift, with about six inches accumulating by storm's end, a welcome contrast from last week's eighteen inches of the stuff.

I woke up about an hour ago, and my first act was to text my coworker to ask him how conditions on the job were- six inches of snow, with no plowing of the parking lot.  Management, because of last year's disastrous finances, did not renew the contract with our usual Mr Plow, and our grounds team has been tasked with snow removal... with the caveat that they work Mondays to Fridays, beginning at 7AM.  My coworker being a beautiful human being (and not wanting to deal with crappy road conditions, I am sure), told me that he would stay overnight, covering my graveyard shift, if I would cover his Monday night shift.  DEAL!   Now I don't have to dig the car out until tomorrow.

To be honest, I didn't even know who was playing in tonight's Superbowl until this morning, when I put on the 'all news/all the time' radio station to keep abreast of the weather forecast.  I don't have a dog in this fight, and nobody I know is even rooting for a particular team- a few friends of mine are participating in a Superbowl pool, and the general consensus is that they would all 'root for the box numbers'.  

I'm betting that I will get the snow cleared from the sidewalk in front of the house without feeling too many aches and pains.

No comments: