Sunday, October 27, 2019

Too Wet to be Festive

It’s been raining all day here in the NYC metro area. The rain has stopped, but it’s still cloudy and muggy. It just doesn’t feel like a day for hot apple cider or ogling foliage.

I just arrived at work, and I feel like a slacker- there are usually outdoor props for kid-friendly activities scattered around the site, but they weren’t trundled out today. I’m here for the evening fundraiser, but my first order of business on a typical day is to move the day/night transition along. I don’t even think I will have to expend any effort to get the daytime visitors to leave in an expeditious manner on a day like this.

I’m cool with that.

UPDATE: I told one of my co-workers that I felt a bit like I’m slacking because I’m working a low-key evening event rather than a hectic one.

“Are you feeling Catholic school guilt?”
“Sister Annunciata told us to offer up the stress for the souls in Purgatory.”
“You had a Sister Annunciata too?”
“We ALL had a Sister Annunciata.”

No comments: