Friday, January 8, 2016

Dance, Dinos, Dance!

I was as happy as a schoolkid with a new crush when I read about the discovery of evidence that dinosaurs performed mating dances similar to those performed by their avian descendents. Just imagine a pair of forty-one foot (12.5 meter) long Acrocanthosauruses cavorting like cranes:





I can imagine the earth shaking under the impacts of such a dance.

Of course, this evidence is not conclusive, though it is highly suggestive. It's possible that these scrapes don't represent mating dances. Perhaps dinosaurs danced to demonstrate their victory over alien monster threats:





Can I get some grant money to watch kaiju films? I promise I won't drink all of it away, just a lot of it.

4 comments:

OBS said...

If you'd read my most recent post you'd know they were drunk and therefore obligated to dance.

mikey said...

Did I ever tell you about the Hadrosaur pelvis fossil I have in my sock drawer?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

<a href="Now we dance!</a>
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

If you'd read my most recent post you'd know they were drunk and therefore obligated to dance.

That was awesome, I think I'm in love.

Did I ever tell you about the Hadrosaur pelvis fossil I have in my sock drawer?

Yep, I bet time-traveling Obama put that slug there.

Now we dance!

Link's broken, but I sense "Sprockets". Too bad that one never spawned a movie. It could have been "Borat" long before "Borat".