Monday, September 23, 2013

September Girls

I just spent quite a bit of time pulling a brutal October schedule out of my hat, which is to say, my ass. I kicked it over to the department head and my minions, so they can peruse it and suggest changes. I also asked them to look for any errors, because I was pretty much cross-eyed by the time I was done with it. Yeah, it's not a fun time of year for me, but somebody's having fun! bbkf and Von were able to meet up in Chicago, and their e-mails to me indicate that they had a blast together. I knew they'd get along famously, and look forward to a full report. While I'm not having too much fun right now, those September girls are having a good time, which reminds me of a song. Here's Big Star's oft-covered September Gurls:





Oft-covered, you ask? Sure, here's The Bangles doing a version of the song:





And a version by The Replacements, who also performed a song about Big Star frontman Alex Chilton:





The rest of the week won't be so bad, I have the next two days off, and then things get just a little insane.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

So plenty of time for blogging, eh? 48 posts in 48 hours?
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

So plenty of time for blogging, eh? 48 posts in 48 hours?

It could be done...