Sunday, August 2, 2020

Industrial Hygiene

Today was the last day in our first 'soft opening' weekend on the job. Things seemed to go well, the response was pretty good and people looked to be enjoying themselves. Only ticket holders were admitted, social distancing was maintained, and masks were mandated. At the end of the day, as the visitors filed out, we began breaking down the equipment, display pieces and a point of sale terminal for ticket scanning. As we broke down the equipment, we disinfected it before putting it away. I had no luck fitting the employer-provided nitrile gloves on my ham-sized hands, so I had to settle for a pre-toting squirt of hand sanitizer. As I was doing so, I joked about how these cleaning/disinfecting routines had become second nature, but that some of these tasks were extremely difficult...




Ever try to wipe down a cat with Clorox?

1 comment:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I don't think I'd have any fingers if I tried to pull that stunt.