Sunday, February 17, 2019

The Public Accomodations Are Subpar

The public restroom facilities for the Woodlawn Cemetery side of Jerome Avenue aren't exactly great:




I'm in a confessional mood... oftimes, when I ride on the 4 Train, I am returning from a Big Beer Night in Brooklyn, and the combination of copious amounts of beer and a one-and-a-half hour train ride home often has me walking into the wooded section of Van Cortlandt Park opposite the cemetery to micturate. When I saw this porcelain bowl on the side of the street, I wasn't even tempted to utilize it.

On a serious note, there's always a lot of trash dumped in this vicinity, which is a shame, because it's one of the most beautiful areas of the Bronx, being sandwiched between two of the city's biggest green spaces.

No comments: