Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Giving Up Blogging for Lent?

Today, Firefox has been very temperamental.  I've logged on and off several times, earning for my efforts 'connection timed out' and 'server not found' errors.  The past half-hour has been very frustrating as I've opened up my task manager and clicked 'cancel' on Windows attempts to alert Microsoft of my plight.  I still don't know the source of my difficulties.

This being Ash Wednesday, my frustration caused me to ponder giving up blogging for Lent.  Doing so wouldn't have been a sound decision, since Lent is a season for penitence, and trying to log in was an exercise in self-flagellation.  Besides, I gave up Lent for Lent.

5 comments:

Ali Redford said...

Yeah, I gave up Lent for this Lent, too. sigh But I bet all will be just fine, anyway-today (Thursday) is National I Want Everyone To Be Happy Day. ;-)

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Firefox is still a bit wonky, lot of 'connection timed out' error messages. Why is the internet experience getting worse, rather than better?

Anonymous said...

If nothing is borrowed, then nothing is Lent.

Pretzelogic in Philly, PA

Richard said...

I don't keep Lent anymore. Not for the whole damn 40 days or whatever it is. I am aware of Lent.
I don't know if there is a Lent bank, where we can turn in our extra credits for hunger, poverty, grief and misery.

I guess i do still keep Lent.

emjayay said...

I saw someone in Manhattan on Wednesday with the ashes cross on their forehead. It looked like it was done with a Sharpie, not the trad smudge. New Catholic church technology?