Friday, October 1, 2021

Commencing Submarine Mission

It's October, our principal fundraising month on the job.  I am transferring from a mode of operation in which I tend to have free time (though I must always keep one eye on things) to busy mode.  Three days out of five, I will be working an event, which entails being 'Johnny on the Spot'.  This month, I won't even be seeing Ginger more than two nights a week!

I always characterize this time of the year as 'Going Captain Nemo'... I will surface in a month.  Typically, in October, I set up weekend blog posts in advance, typically blog posts about spooky stuff, in accordance with the prophecy season.  The initial post, though, is typically submarine-related, as befits a Captain Nemo type.  I figured that, this year, I'd post my third favorite song about submarines, a woefully underknown number from 1991 by a woefully obscure band:


"I'm not drowning, I'm just going under" perfectly encapsulates the month of October for me.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Good Luck with the fundraising mission! And thank you for this blog.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Thsnks, Richard, it means a lot.