Sunday, April 19, 2020

The Snot Heard 'Round the World

Again, far-right loons have congregated in this time of pandemic, increasing the likelihood that the 'curve-flattening' needed to slow the spread of infection will fail. They try to portray themselves as brave revolutionaries, but they come across as snotty babies, appropriate for this time of respiratory infections:



Estimates put the crowd at about 2,500 attendees, some of whom seem to be signalling that they are neo-Nazi accelerationists hoping for a second civil war. The Hawaiian shirts are a dogwhistle for 'Big Luau', itself a code for 'boogaloo', the term for 'Civil War 2':



These nationwide rallies are the result of an astroturfing campaign, boosted by Fox.

These idiots are going to get people killed, by something that their treasured weapons cannot handle. I'd be a lot less upset by this if the toll were limited to other CHUDs, but they will endanger medical personnel and other innocent people. I've written about how my co-worker and I have a grim competition predicting the final toll of this pandemic, and nonsense like this makes me reconsider my prediction of a half-million deaths in this country seem conservative.

4 comments:

StringOnAStick said...

Well said, and agree that half a million is going to be an aspirational number, as in "if only we'd been so lucky" .

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Yeah, people have no damn idea what a geometric progression is.

Anathema Device said...

The model the White House is using is already underestimating the death toll to come, and that's without the effect of this kind of nonsense on infection rates. And now some governors are reducing or eliminating restrictions.

Some people just want to watch the world burn, I guess. I hope American residents are resigned to not being able to travel outside the country for a very long time, or at least not without spending weeks in quarantine before they're allowed to continue their trip.

I take no pleasure in any of this. I have friends I want to visit in America, and have them visit me. Now the best I can hope for is that they all survive long enough to see an effective vaccine discovered, so we can all go back to what is left of our normal lives.

For the idiots in these astroturfed protests, I want nothing more than that they suffer the consequences of their own actions. Unfortunately, it's more likely their innocent friends and relatives will be the ones to suffer.

Angela Alex said...

My name is Angelo Alex I was tested HIV/Herpes positive and I was so worried am I going to die soon. I made my search on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimonies on how Dr James  Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, and other diseases like,Yeast infection, Rectum  effects, intestine damage, bowel obstruction, Ovarian disease,  Cancer, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, Arthritis, Lyme disease,Hpv, Infections,Liver Disease, Autoimmune Diseases, Parkinson's disease,Lupus,Nephrology and Hypertension, Neurology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health, Oncology, Pediatrics, Pulmonary, ACUTE MYELOFIBROSIS, ALZHEIMER's symptoms, BREAST CANCER, DIABETES, HAIR LOSS AND HAIR TREATMENT, KIDNEY DISEASES, LEUKEMIA, MYELOID LEUKEMIA, STEM CELL TREATMENT   On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr James As a man with Good Heart, I picked interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I received His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 weeks of drinking his medicine, I went for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small fraction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348152855846,Email...drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com