Saturday, September 1, 2018

Maine Matrimonials

My Maine road trip is on account of the wedding of my cousin Val, who has been mentioned on this blog previously. Val is my second-youngest cousin, with her brother, Thomas Aquinas, being the youngest of our generation. When Val was born, my siblings and I were instantly smitten with her, as a baby she looked remarkably like my brother Sweetums baby pictures. She has a classic face of the family- in her, I see echoes of other cousins and photographs of my grandfather as a young man.

Val has been working on her graduate degree in pharmacology in Texas, so I haven't seen her in a while. Not too long ago, she and her fiance vacationed in Europe, where they met up with my brother Sweetums and his family. With a family as big and far-flung as ours, one family reunion isn't sufficient.

Anyways, I can't think of a better occasion than the wedding of a beloved cousin, so here's to the health and happiness of my cousin and the new addition to our family.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let's just say that the voices of liberals are under attack. You are well respected in this arena for sticking with it, as disqus has been taken over by some moderator who, on Alternet, refuses to let the word "Bitch" pass through the now conservative leaning filters. Word on the street is that Beckka Mercer has had her feathers ruffled ever since someone said to her, "Karma is a bitch". I suspect a frightful connection there. I feel like the war on the media is going to make or break this country. This country is now at the mercy of how it's revered first amendment is carried out in the end. Hopefully it won't be decided by the likes of the Mercer family or their ilk.

To say that the results that one gets from a google search are somehow purposefully slanted against conservative voices just takes the cake. When will the conservative propaganda machine be satisfied? When every single outlet is facing stiff fines for saying anything at all negative about this current administration, or even hinting that particular sentiment will get you jailed for insubordination?

I have been banned from most of the traditionally liberal leaning sites ever since the situation has turned to a "disqus'ting" display of conservative interference and now ownership. It is clear that money will buy anything that gets in the way of a good liberal political viewpoint. We are on the cusp of a make or break moment in time where the conservatives will use their grotesque monetary influence to stifle free speech, as oxymoronic as that may sound. The truth has to prevail over this attempt to take this country into a third world state who's information is run by state owned propaganda, and we are clearly heading down that path with a head of steam that can only be stopped by a massive wave of citizen involvement at the polls and in the body politic at large.

Keep up the good work my friend.