Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Should I Make this a Jack Vance Week?

So far, I have put up two posts about Jack Vance this week, and seeing that the fifth anniversary of the great science fiction grandmaster's death is this coming Saturday, I may just make it a Jack Vance week. Current events will be just as stupid, just as worthy of skewering, next week.

Speaking of stupid current events, Trump has decided to use his office to attack Amazon- I suspect it's because Jeff Bezos is a lot richer than he as, as well as being owner of The Washington Post. I haven't bought anything from Amazon in years, but I think I will make an exception just to spite Vulgarmort. Jack Vance's two best known mystery novels are finally available in affordable editions, and it behooves me to buy them. The shop at the Jack Vance website is Paypal only, so I figure buying hard copies is preferable to having to set up an account with yet another 'evil empire'.

1 comment:

Harry Hamid said...

I buy a lot of e-books from Amazon.

Frankly, I'd rather not wade into an inter-billionaire spat. But when Trump is on one side of a spat, it's tough for me to not to go the "enemy of my enemy" route...