Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Solstice in Brooklyn

It seems somehow appropriate to attend an astrophysics lecture on the night of the winter solstice... what better night for stargazing than the longest night of all? My new home is considerably closer to the Woodlawn subway terminus than my old home, so I am skipping the whole 'drive to the Bronx' thing... the Bx34 Bus (PDF) actually gets me fairly close to home, and it runs until almost 1AM.

At any rate, have yourselves a groovy little Solstice- I might not be noshing out on Druid food tonight, but I'll be getting both my drink and my nerd on. That's a great way to spend a long, long night.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a fun evening! I'm just baking sugar cookies tonight....yawn.

Glad to hear that you're all moved into your new place! Hope you like it.

Massimo found my old blog tonight and was reading it. He got a kick out of your comments.
Can you believe that he's almost 12 now?
He's still a character. ;)

((Hugs)) Laura

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Happy Solstice!

A shame that every city in Amurka doesn't have decent public transit.
~