Saturday, October 10, 2015

Busy Busy Busy, Here's a Quick Portrait

It's been one heck of a day, and by day, I mean I've been up for twenty-four hours straight. I am going to take a two hour nap and then head up to work the overnight shift. I think I'll post about the absolute craziness of the past day, but for now I'll have to post a picture of my beloved Ginger:




Isn't she a pretty cat? She's become quite the diva lately- she loves to be the center of attention when there are visitors onsite, and she manages to look really smug when she poses for her adoring public. I always get a kick out her act.

I always strive to give equal time to Ginger and her brother Fred, but I realized that I have this covered, having posted a solo Fred entry- for the record, Ginger doesn't stay still long enough to give her a proper brushing, while Fred is extremely patient.

The important thing is that I gave them equal time at six o'clock this morning when I fed them. It was a bit dark to take their picture at that time though.

5 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

I gave them equal time at six o'clock this morning when I fed them.

As long as you spent the same number of seconds pouring kibble into both bowls. that's what counts.

mikey said...

I thought you didn't feed mousers - dinner is their reward/pay for doing their job...

ShortWoman said...

I've clearly been following a while. I actually recognized Ginger before reading the rest of the post....

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Pretty pose, kitty!
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

As long as you spent the same number of seconds pouring kibble into both bowls. that's what counts.

Yeah, that's pretty much the important thing.

I thought you didn't feed mousers - dinner is their reward/pay for doing their job...

Cats straight up like to kill things, so these two get plenty of rodents, as well as, sadly, an occasional bird. I've been told that Ginger managed to nab a pileated woodpecker last week (suckers are as big as crows)- luckily, my co-workers managed to save the bird. These two get fed a couple of times a day.

I've clearly been following a while. I actually recognized Ginger before reading the rest of the post....

Thanks for your support, as always. Ginger has become quite the celebrity. Her brother is much more low-key, but Ginger knows how to put on a show for our visitors.

Pretty pose, kitty!

She's a natural. She has come to love attention, and she knows exactly how to get it.