Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Meanwhile, on the Workfront

Yesterday, I got a call from one of the guys in my department... he had taken a bad spill and broke his humerus (not funny at all) a few inches down from his shoulder joint. It was a bad break, and he will find out later if he will need pins or a full shoulder replacement (he's no spring chicken). At any rate, he will be out of work for at least three weeks. As luck would have it, another of the guys in my department is out on vacation- he's out of state, and I wouldn't even think of calling him on his time off. Needless to say, only half of the department is available to work this week. The department head told me that overtime would be authorized (a rare enough occurrence).

I have to compile the schedule for our big October events before the end of the month- right now, I have to work on the assumption that my co-worker will be back in action by then, but I'm not too optimistic. I figure I'll have a month to reconfigure the schedule... right now, I think I'll just write in "then a miracle occurs".

I'm not holding my breath here. Of course, the most important thing is that my friend recovers... I can deal with whatever work throws at me.

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I hope he recovers quickly!

Here's a video for you.
~

mikey said...

Hey, the magic asterisk is cemented in American tradition at this point. Use it in good health!