Monday, August 16, 2010

Just Not Inspired Today

I'm working on a post about the "Islamic Center Controversy", and I've been listening to all of the sheer stupidity that's polluting the airwaves. Of course, the "controversy" and fear-mongering have been ginned up just in time for the mid-term elections. I think I'm suffering burnout.

I need to immerse myself in pure, eccentric pop bliss- how about Shriekback's Gunning For The Buddha. This otherworldly ditty (sung by a bald bastard, incidentally) seems to be inspired by the kōan If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him!. It was not inspired by the Aqua Buddha.





Actually, the real reason I came across this video today was that I searched out the video for Shriekback's awesome Nemesis, to link in a comment posted at snark central.

4 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Roy Edroso has some fine posting Re: the Burlington Coat Factory controversy.
~

Smut Clyde said...

the video for Shriekback's awesome Nemesis
It is an Internet Tradition.

Substance McGravitas said...

I liked the early stuff.

Hamish Mack said...

My spine is the Bassline, oh yeah!!!