Thursday, July 1, 2010

Life is Tough

For some reason, I woke up at 6 AM today, even though I was not scheduled to work. I spent some quality time peeling fifteen lemons while listening to the Errol Louis show on local radio station WWRL, then spent some even more quality time pouring a gallon of pure grain alcohol over said lemon peels so I will have ***FUTURE BLOG POST*** in three weeks. When this arduous task was completed, I must confess that I went back to sleep for another hour (please note, I did not sample any of the pure grain alcohol). I woke up when the phone rang- I have been retained by the Department of Commerce, the next phase of Census 2010 starts in two weeks.

After the mail came, I decided to take a stroll down to 233rd St in the Bronx, then crossed Webster Avenue to get to the path to Muskrat Cove, one of the most beautiful stretches of the Bronx River. All along the way, I found mulberry trees, so I spent the entire time gorging on the sweet, sweet Morus multifruits. My hand was so purple, one would have thought I was proxy voting for an entire Iraqi village.

Around 3 PM, I received a call from my supervisor at the part-time job... one of my co-workers had a family "situation" and they needed coverage. I am currently at a site I don't work very often, but I scoped out all the wild raspberry patches the last time I was here (about a month ago). I have been bogarting all the ripe berries I could get my greedy mitts on. There's no wireless here, so I'm posting from a different computer. I'll post pictures later, in order to make any readers jealous.

3 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Pictures?

Who would post their pictures on a blog?

(P.S. I'm glad A.K. finally posted a pic of Mrs. Cat, but if I had such a subject, you'd see a lot more of her.)
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I am not jealous.

After all, I saw the Hold Steady rock last night. Massive Night, indeed.

Glennis said...

Limoncello?