Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Alec Guinness, Reanimated

Poking around the t00bz, I found something which should be catnip to a nerdly fellow such as myself, a synthesized simulacrum of Alec Guinness 'reciting' H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu. I'm a huge fan of Alec Guinness, both being somewhat of a 'Star Wars' fan and a fan of Tinker, Sailor, Soldier, Spy. I'm also a Lovecraft fan. The simulacrum captures some of Sir Alec's sonorousness, but with an odd Mi-Go sort of rasp:





In contrast, here is the real Sir Alec reading T.S. Elliott's The Waste Land:





Although Alec Guinness is best known for his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the pulpy 'Star Wars' franchise, it's amusing and a bit grotesque to imagine him reciting something as outré as The Call of Cthulhu. I like to think of this simulacrum being a take on a Mi-Go abducted Sir Alec, forced to recite pulp cosmic horror from the confines of a brain cylinder. I'm not so sure he would have approved.

4 comments:

Li'l Innocent said...

Sooo .. You've never seen "Kind Hearts and Coronets" ?

Phillip Scollin said...

This is a very interesting matter. There are cheap online college classes about this.

Regards,
Phillip Scollin

Benjamin Möller said...

Hi

In case you are looking for custom CMS development, I can assist!

Regards,
Julius

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I have not, but it certainly doesn't have the international and intergenerational reach of 'Star Wars', even though Sir Alec himself thought the franchise was cheesy.