Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sunset Silhouette

I often remark on the beauty of my workplace. While I love my co-workers, I have to note that some of my most fantastic experiences on the job occur when everything is locked up and I have the place to myself. Recently, I had the great good fortune to see four very large wading birds (I suspect either great blue herons or great egrets, judging by size) fly by, and two of them landed to perch on a dead tree adjacent to our property:




You can just make them out in the center of the photograph, those unmistakable silhouettes set against a particularly gorgeous sunset. Sometimes, on the job, I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming... on this particular evening, the dream, by which I mean the reality, was particularly enchanting.

No comments: