Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

Here's wishing all of my fellow residents of the United States a happy Independence Day. To all of my readers from the United Kingdom, there's no hard feelings- we love you folks! The typical celebration of Independence Day involves eating a lot of grilled hamburgers (or a horrifying amount of hotdogs) and drinking a lot of beer in somebody's backyard. The weather is supposed to be crappy tomorrow, and I'm working this holiday, as is typical (don't feel sorry for me, it's a double-pay day).

As a typical member of my age cohort, quite a bit of my early education can be attributed to the totally groovy Schoolhouse Rock series of cartoons... to this day, I can't recite the preamble to the Constitution without hearing this tune in my head. Among the history episodes, there was one specifically about Independence Day:





Hmmm... perhaps watching a rainy day watching Schoolhouse Rock videos is a good way to spend Independence Day- I'm partial to the grammar episodes. Fear not, there will be beer involved- I don't have to get to work until nightfall.

As an added bonus, I can watch the local fireworks display (if it's not cancelled due to weather) from part of the grounds.

1 comment:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Good luck with Arthur.

(Maybe if the weather is too crappy to be outside, you could watch Arthur inside.)
~