Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sayanora, Summer!

This being the third day of yet another heat wave, I have to confess that I am not sorry to see the imminent end of summer- kids should be in school, doncha think? I know that this should be bittersweet time of year, but this summer has been marked by heat waves and drought conditions. I, for one, am not sorry to see September arrive. In honor of this month, and to commemorate the late, great Alex Chilton, here's a little power pop to listen to as you browse through catalogues for children's back-to-school outfits:


6 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

THE VASELINES ARE TOURING AMERICA!!

...Damn you BBBB. They are not coming to Milwaukee. Think of me when you're there.

M. Bouffant said...

Just realized I didn't even turn on the fans today.

(OK, if I did have fans I'd turn on them.)

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I missed this summer completely.

Not a trip to the beach, no, nothing.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Not a trip to the beach, no, nothing.

How about a trip to the beech (tree).

You gots a beach in O-hi-ho? I know you've got a bigass lake, but the rivers that feed into it burn, don't they?

They are not coming to Milwaukee. Think of me when you're there.

Where, Milwaukee? Maybe they'll play Baraboo.

Substance McGravitas said...

(OK, if I did have fans I'd turn on them.)

Those fan motors get hot.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

sure, go ahead and mock me. But if you don't go to see the Vaselines when they hit The City, I am sending ninja zombies to visit you.